Do I need a NZeTA if arriving by a cruise ship?

If you intend to travel on a cruise ship to New Zealand, you either require an NZ eTA (New Zealand Electronic Travel Authority). You can be on any nationality if arriving by cruise ship, and still apply for an NZ eTA. However, you must be one of 60 visa waiver countries if coming to New Zealand by a plane.